from wikiHow - The How to Manual That You Can Edit
- Slide your feet into the back pockets of the jeans. The pockets should fit your feet comfortably. Cut the pockets off and trim any extra fabric from the inside.
- Measure the length of the bottom of your foot and add 1 inch. Measure the width of your foot and add 1 inch. Using these measurements, draw a rectangle on tracing paper. Cut it out and round off the corners. This is your pattern for the soles of the slippers.
- To make the soles, trace around the pattern twice onto the foam and four times onto some denim from the jeans. Cut these pieces out.
- Sandwich a piece of foam between two pieces of denim. Pin the pieces together. Do the same with the other pieces.
- Lay one pocket on each sole so the bottom of the pocket is at the top of the sole. Pin the pockets to the soles lining up the outside egdes as neatly as you can.
- Sew around the outside edge of each slipper 1/2 inch form the edge. Remove the pins.
- Using puffy paint draw squiggly lines on the bottom of of each slipper to make them nonslip. Allow to dry.
Things You'll Need
- Pair of Jeans
- Tracing paper
- 1/2 yard of 1/2 inch thick foam
- puffy fabric paint
- measuring tape
- How to Bleach Jeans
- How to Rip Your Own Jeans
- How to Make Distressed Jeans
- How to Clean Soft Ballet Slippers
- How to Give a Foot Massage
Article provided by wikiHow, a collaborative writing project to build the world's largest, highest quality how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Make Jean Slippers. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.